Rules & Regulations
1. Agreement: These rules govern all contests run or sponsored by About Communications. Prize details, additional instructions and, if necessary, additional rules, are set out on the terms and conditions overview section of the specific contest page on the aboutez.com website. No purchase is necessary to enter any contest. The act of entering a contest by Participants constitutes acceptance of the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judge. Participants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions (as defined below). These Terms and Conditions shall have priority over any inconsistent terms in any applicable Offer notice or abbreviated terms on the terms and conditions overview section of the specific contest page on the aboutez.com website.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have attained the age of 19, except for employees, immediate families and anyone living with any employee of About Communications, their advertising or promotional agencies or affiliates. You must enter through your account representative or using the forms as indicated on the terms and conditions overview section of the specific contest page on the aboutez.com website. Limit of one entry per business.
3. Contest & Notification: Start and end dates for each contest are set out on the terms and conditions overview section of the specific contest page on the aboutez.com website. Selected Participants are chosen by random draw. About Communications will contact selected Participants by telephone or email using the email address and/or phone number provided upon initial registration, and selected Participant must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, the selected Participant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
4. Prize: Prizes for each contest are set out on the specific contest page on the aboutez.com website. Winners must contact About Communications in person to make arrangements for collection of the prize won. If the winner does not claim the prize within 10 days of the draw, the next eligible entry selected by random draw will be contacted, and the first entrant selected will have no further claim to the prize. About Communications can be contacted at (877) 923-9229. About Communications will not mail or courier prizes and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes.
5. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the winner will be required show valid photo ID and to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release form releasing About Communications of all liability, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the sponsors and/or their advertising and promotional agencies.
7. Disqualification: About Communications may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering any contest whom we believe to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than once.
8. Taxes: Each Eligible Participant will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees (including customs tariffs and import duties) which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as included with the Prize.
9. Other: All decisions of the contest judge are final. Contests are governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. About Communications reserves the right to cancel or modify any contest or the contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. About Communications reserve the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer's warranty. The odds of winning depend on how many eligible entries are received. About Communications is not liable for any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this contest, including technical failures on the part of contest software, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any contest entrant.
10. Governing Law: Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any dispute under the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario. Participants irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. Participants further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to the Terms and Conditions.
11. Sponsor: Sponsor is About Communications, 354-157 Adelaide St. W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 4E7.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 14 April 2012 04:05|
Contest Terms and Conditions